Sunday, February 15, 2009

Paris....the place to be for Valentine's


friday the 13th, after a morning of visiting a couple of cavistes and then lunch at a neighborhood bistrot, in the 18th, I headed to the Champs-Elysées to buy my sweetie a Valentine's gift...I offered her flowers on the 12th but it was to difficukt to resist the adorable little box of macarons from Laduree mmmm, so delicate and sweet. amazing patisserie from the inventors of the macaron...and where better to buy it than intheir flagship store on the Champs Elysées???

Afterward, just before arriving in Rueil-Malmaison by the RER, I got a SMS from my friend and winemaker Jean-Pierre Vanel, of Domaine Lacroix-Vanel. He wrote that he got a good write up, and his wine was selected, as the wine of the month in the 13 feb edition of Libération....Bravo Jean-Pierre.

No comments: